With the Quechua name meaning “Golden Cradle,” the mysterious and dazzling Inca city of Choquequirao is located in the beautiful landscape of theVilcabamba Range over the Apurimac River Canyon. Dense forest covered this Inca site for many years and has just recently been revealed. According to historians, Choquequirao was the dwelling of the last rebel Incas of Vilcabamba, and like Machu Picchu, the Spanish were thought never to have discovered it.
This route offers us a formidable trek across diverse ecosystems. We will enjoy beautiful views of the snow-capped peaks of the Vilcabamba Range, descending into the deep Apurimac Canyon and then ascending through abundant vegetation to the citadel of Choquequirao.
Cusco – Cachora
Cachora – Playon Santa Rosa
Santa Rosa – Choquequirao
Choquequirao – Playon Santa Rosa
Santa Rosa – Cachora – Cusco
Andina Travel offers: travel to machu picchu, machu picchu trek, treks peru, ausangate treks, trekking machu picchu, Choquequirao treks, inca trail and numerous archeological sites along the way, including the marvelous Sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
- Hotel collection and transport to trailhead.
- Professional, bilingual tour guide and trek staff.
- Plentiful, nutritious meals (Vegetarian option available) and snacks.
- Drinking water provided throughout trek.
- Entrance fees to Choquequirao.
- Hot water for washing in the morning.
- High quality, double-occupancy tents.
- Camping equipment: dining tent, kitchen tent, and latrine tent, eating utensils, cooking equipment, etc.
- Pack animals (horses and llamas) to carry baggage and equipment.
- Emergency horse(s) for riding in case of illness or injury.
- Duffle Bag.
- Camping mattress.
- First aid kit and oxygen tank.
- Breakfast on Day 1 and Dinner on Day 5.
- Sleeping Bag.
Group Service starts at USD 399 per person.
(Minimum 6 person for this price)